| Work in progress |
This article, Ballistic Shield, doesn't have all of the information from Tom Clancy's The Division. The information is only from datamining, developer confirmed or one that can found in the game.
You can improved this page by confirming that there is no missing information and it being complete, and then updating and removing this notice.
- "Equips a portable Ballistic Shield that absorbs damage. The user can only use their sidearm while the shield is active."
- — Base mod description
Mod 1: Reactive TargetingEdit
Equips a stronger and lighter shield that pulses hostiles who shoot at it.
- Increases shield health, pulses enemies
Mod 2: Assault ShieldEdit
Equips a shield that grants the user's sidearm increased damage, knockback, increased accuracy, and faster reload speed.
- Reduces shield health, increases weapon damage, stagger, accuracy, and reload speed.
Mod 3: Kinetic BreakerEdit
Grants the user a small portion of incoming damage as healing.
- Standard stats, damaged received to shield heals the player
Master: Self-Healing ArmorEdit
The shield can regain health after receiving no damage for a short amount of time.
- Shield begins regaining health when not receiving damage for 5 seconds
Base Values for Ballistic Shield at Level 30 Edit
|Base: Ballistic Shield||Mod: Reactive Targeting||Mod: Assault Shield||Mod: Kinetic Breaker|
|Health||246,724 HP||123,362 HP||164,482|
|Cooldown||57.60 s||57.60 s||57.60 s||57.60 s|
- When good cover is sparse, deploying the Ballstic shield can save you from being crippled by a lethal sniper shot or heavy automatic fire.
- The shield offers protection from bullets at the cost of both movement speed and firepower which means NPCs as well as enemy players can flank the user easily.
- Its highly recommended to have a good sidearm or unlock the master mod in order to use the Ballstic shield to its full potential.
- Using the Ballistic Shield increases threat to the user, making enemies focusing their attention on the user. This is a viable build for tanks to draw fire for other team members.
- Players can still use other skills while the Ballistic Shield is active.
- Using a Backpack with the Resourceful talent (Healing applied to you is applied to skills) can help keep your skill active for longer.
- If the shield is about to break, you can hide the shield from enemies and have it regain its health.
- The D3-FNC gearset can allow you to use a Submachine Gun with the shield, at the cost of having only the Master Mod bonuses active.
- Before Update 1.4, the Ballistic Shield had bugs causing users to not be able to fire their weapon, or still take damage to their health when the shield is out.