Base: Equips a portable Ballistic Shield that absorbs damage. The user can only use their sidearm while the shield is active.
Mod 1: Reactive TargetingEdit
Equips a stronger and lighter shield that pulses hostiles who shoot at it.
Mod 2: Assault ShieldEdit
Equips a shield that grants the user's sidearm increased damage, knockback, increased accuracy, and faster reload speed.
Mod 3: Kinetic BreakerEdit
Grants the user a small portion of incoming damage as healing.
Master: Self-Healing ArmorEdit
The shield can regain health after receiving no damage for a short amount of time.
Max Cap for all Ballistic ShieldsEdit
Life Points: 500,000 HP
Cooldown: 15 seconds
- When good cover is sparse, deploying the Ballstic shield can save you from being crippled by a lethal sniper shot or heavy automatic fire.
- The shield offers protection from bullets at the cost of both movement speed and firepower which means NPCs as well as enemy players can flank the user easily.
- Its highly recommended to have a good sidearm or unlock the master mod in order to use the Ballstic shield to its full potential.
- Using the Ballistic Shield increases threat to the user, making enemies focusing their attention on the user. This is a viable build for tanks to draw fire for other team members.
- Players can still use other skills while the Ballistic Shield is active.
- Using a Backpack with the Resourceful talent (Healing applied to you is applied to skills) can help keep your skill active for longer.
- If the shield is about to break, you can hide the shield from enemies and have it regain its health.
- The Frontline Gearset can allow you to use a Submachine Gun with the shield, at the cost of no Critical Hit Chance.
- Before Update 1.4, the Ballistic Shield had bugs causing users to not be able to fire their weapon, or still take damage to their health when the shield is out.