Rogue Status a mechanic in the Dark Zone. This mechanic punishes players who hurt, down or kill another player.
Mechanic Rules and Functions Edit
Rogue Status starts at Rank 0, as described below. Each time a NON-Rogue player is downed or killed by the player OR another player in the group, the rank increases by 1, to the max of Rank 5 (Manhunt status).
While Rogue, the players location will occasionally pulse on every players minimap, unless the Rogue player is running the Scrambler mod on their Pulse skill. When Manhunt status is achieved, however, the location of the player is always shown to every player in a certain radius, and nothing can hide the players location.
Also of note, while Rogue, players are unable to access Dark Zone Safe Houses or DZ Checkpoints, leaving the player unable to resupply unless they lose their Rogue status or are killed and respawn. A remedy to this situation is for Rogue players to run the Banshee Gear Set, as the 4 piece bonus allows the player to resupply their ammo every 30 seconds while Rogue.
It should be noted that killing other Rogue players do NOT increase the rank of the player. Only killing non-Rogue players increase the rank.
Timers of Rogue players stop when receiving damage from non-Rogue players. This includes Manhunts, however, the timer of Manhunts do not reset to 5 minutes when killing other players.
Rogue Status RanksEdit
- Rank 0: Do enough damage to a player to harm them, or begin to hijack an extraction. The agent will get a 20 second timer. Timer will be reset if the agent attacks non Rogue players.
- Rank 1: The agent will get a 90 second timer. Timer will be reset if the agent attacks non Rogue players.
- Rank 2: The agent will get a 120 second timer. Timer will be reset if the agent attacks non Rogue players.
- Rank 3: The agent will get a 160 second timer. Timer will be reset if the agent attacks non Rogue players.
- Rank 4: The agent will get a 240 second timer. Timer will be reset if the agent attacks non Rogue players.
- Rank 5: The agent will get a 300 second timer. Timer will not reset if the agent attacks non Rogue players.
Rewards and PenaltiesEdit
The more players a player downs/kills the higher the player bounty will be and the more items and XP the player will lose if killed. The player will lose more Dark Zone keys, Dark Zone Credits and Dark Zone XP and have a higher chance to drop all the players contaminated loot if the player is killed as Rogue.