Requirement: Tech Wing Upgrade - Communications
Description: Releases an automated mine that seeks out hostile targets before exploding on proximity.
Mod 1: AirburstEdit
Upon impact, the mine is launched into the air and releases a cluster of small incendiary explosives.
-Sets enemies on fire.
Mod 2: Gas ChargeEdit
Upon impact, the mine moves between multiple targets and releases a cloud of gas.
-Gas disorients anyone in the blast zone, even its user.
Mod 3: ClusterEdit
The mine separates into smaller mines that seek out multiple targets simultaneously.
-Inflicts short Bleeding effect.
Master: Seeking BettyEdit
The mine can bounce onto and over low covers, and can move more directly towards its targets.
- The seeker mine, while not as lethal or loud like the Sticky Bomb, it makes up for these shortcomings by being hard to dodge once it's deployed.
- Airburst and Gas Charge are both equally effective, though the gas charge sacrifices lethality in exchange for being able to disorient the enemy.
- The seeker mine can be destroyed easily as it will not move until the target is within range or the target has already seen the seeker mine being deployed.
- When used in crowd control, Gas Charge is irreplaceable. Howerever, Cluster beats it in PVP due to being harder to destroy. Also, enemies cannot sprint while Bleed is active.
- Airburst is effective against single, powerful enemies.
- All mods change the functionality of the Seeker Mine significantly. Mods focus on Crowd Control, so if you're looking for powerful burst damage against single enemy, base skill could be your best option.
- Turrets will target seeker mines, and usually destroy them as fast as they're deployed, so it is wise to either destroy the turret first or throw the mines out of it's field of view.