Tom Clancy's The Division will be receiving Update 1.4 soon. The exact date has not been set as Massive is still undergoing testing to make sure the update will run smooth. This update will bring changes to many things. To help finalize changes, Massive has released a Public Test Server to gain feeback. The 1.4 Update is scheduled for a October release. The Survival DLC Expansion is still slated for a 2016 Release.
Time to Kill
Enemy ScalingIn 1.4, the enemy level will now be capped at level 33, the standard level for Heroic Story Missions. Level 34 and 35 will be removed from the game.
The enemy level will be determined by World Tier Level (More information down below),
World TierTo address the enemy difficulty, 1.4 will add in the World Tier System. The World Tier will be based on your Gear Score level, and will scale enemy level and loot gear score.
Note that you can select any tier you want to be in, provided you have the required gear score. The Dark Zone will automatically select the Tier you are in, using the Gear Score as the bracket.
Also, when choosing levels in missions, the difficulty will determine enemy roles. Normal having Normal (Red) Enemies, Hard having Veterans (Purple), and Challenging having Elites (Yellow) and changing types of enemy archtypes you face.
- Requires Gear Score 0-163
- Enemy Level 30
- Gear Score Loot - 163
- Requires Gear Score 164-182
- Enemy Level 31
- Gear Score Loot - 182
- Requires Gear Score 183-204
- Enemy Level 32
- Gear Score Loot - 204
- Requires Gear Score 205-229
- Enemy Level 33
- Gear Score Loot - 229
The Update will also bring in major overhauls to the game's mechanics regarding Gear, Skills, and Weapons
When obtaining gear in World Tier 2 (182 Gear), the gear will have attributes in all three categories (Firearms, Stamina, and Electronics). Note that one of the attributes will have the higher number to reflect the build focus. The other numbers are to ensure the player is not poorly attributed.
In addition, stat rolls has been altered. Many Major Attributes has been scaled down to balance the new damage and enemy health. Performance Gear Mods will lose their major bonus and the Skill bonus rebalanced. Skill Attribute rolls has been removed from the main gear piece entirely. To replace it, Preformance Mod Slots has been added to the Backpack, Holster, and Kneepad category. These slots are solely for the Skills, and will help optimzie your build
The Gear Score of the Gear Sets has been changed. This is to help address issues with players being kicked due to not having the higher gear score, which results in players using 268 pieces to inflate their score.
- The Score change will only affect Gear Set Pieces (Striker's Battlegear, B.L.I.N.D., etc.).
The High-End pieces will be made more viable with this change, and make more build diversity. Their values will be increased to be more balanced with Gear Sets.
Gear Set Score Change (Gear Set pieces only)
- 191 -> 163
- 214 -> 182
- 240 -> 204
- 268 -> 229
Scavenging is gone. Dead. Out. Removed. Massive has removed this stat from the game due to testing results. Gear with Scavenging rolls will recalibrate to new stats.
Update 1.4 will also change in weapon handling and stats.
The DPS Calculations will be different in 1.4. This should give you a better view on the power of your weapon.
Damage numbers on weapons has been changed to rebalance the classes
- Subjected to Change - Last Updated October 7, 2016 (GMT)
- G36 - Base Damage reduced (5%)
- L86 - Base Damage reduced (7.4%)
- RPK - Unchanged
- M60 - Base Damage increased (19.4%)
- M249 - Base Damage increased (17.4%)
- Critical Hit Damage Bonus Reduced (From 47% max to 38% max)
- MP7 - Base damage reduced (27.6%)
- MP5 - Base damage reduced (11.1%)
- Vector - Base damage reduced (13.8%)
- SMG-9 - Base damage reduced (9.2%)
- AUG - Base damage reduced (10.3%)
- PP-19 - Base damage reduced (13.8%)
- T821 Base damage reduced (13.3%)
- Shotguns (229 Gear Score) - Damage Reduced (30%)
- Showstopper (AA-12) - Base damage increased (20%)
- M1A - Base damage decreased (35%)
- SVD - Base damage decreased (3.7%)
- SCAR-H - Base damage increased (22.9%)
- SRS - Base damage increased (20%)
- M44 - Base damage increased (15%)
- X45 - Base damage reduced (40%)
- M9 - Base damage increased (10%)
- Px4 Storm - Base damage increased (25%)
- No longer locked to specific Gear Score (IE, you can have a 229 Caduceus
- Weapon talents have been rebalanced. Full details can be found on the PTS Patch Notes (Subject to change).
Gear sets are also recieving changes to their bonus
- Subjected to Change - Last Updated October 7, 2016 (GMT)
- 2 Pieces: +20% Stability
- 3 Pieces: +10% Armor Damage
- 4 Pieces: Every consecutive hit deals 1% more damage. Stacks up to 100%. Missing shots drops 2% of bonus. Bonus decays 1% per second
- 2 Pieces: +10% Skill Haste
- 3 Pieces: +10% Skill Power
- 4 Pieces: Every bullet you and your group lands on a hostile adds 0.2% Skill Power to you for a max of 30%. Bonus lasts 10 seconds (Not being refreshed or being at max))
Path of the Nomad
- 2 Pieces: +20% Health on kill
- 3 Pieces: Nomads Resolve - Administers constant healing pass segments of the health bar
- 4 Pieces: Path of the Nomad - When recieving Fatal damage, you are health to full health. Occurs once every 4 minutes.
- 2 Pieces: +30% Aiming Accuracy
- 3 Pieces: +10% Headshot Damage
- 4 Pieces: Headshots mark the enemy, increasing damage inflicted by 5% for 30 seconds each. Can mark an enemy 3 times.
- 2 Pieces: +100% Ammo capacity
- 3 Pieces
- +8% LMG Damage
- +8% Shotgun Damage
- 4 Pieces: When holsering a weapon, it's ammo is instantly refilled
- 2 Pieces: +10% Reload Speed
- 3 Pieces
- +8% Assault Rifle Damage
- +8% SMG Damage
- 4 Pieces: Hit 10 shots without switching targets to make the damage take 50% of the damage delt via bleed.
- 2 Pieces: +25% Exotic Damage Resilience
- 3 Pieces: +15% Protection From Elites
- 4 Pieces: When in range of hostile grenades/mortars, it will be defused and added to your inventory. Occurs once every 15 seconds.
- 2 Pieces: +20% Optimal Range
- 3 Pieces: +20% Headshot Damage
- 4 Pieces: Hitting an enemy grants your team protection. The further the shot, the more protection. Protection dissapears when hit by a hostile bullet.
- 2 Pieces: +40% Initial Bullet Stability
- 3 Pieces: +20% Marksman Rifle critical hit damage
- 4 Pieces: When zoomed (Scope sight), Marksman Rifles lose headshot bonus, but gains 100% Critical Hit Chance
- B.L.I.N.D. Has been changed into the Banshee set. The gear bonuses provided by B.L.I.N.D. had little usage in the game.
- The B.L.I.N.D. System Battle Rifle has yet to be released. Weapon itself might be changed if released.
- 2 Pieces: +20% Dark Zone Currency gains
- 3 Pieces: +10% Damage to targets out of cover
- 4 Pieces
- Rogue: Ammo refilled every 30 second. Damage from Non-Rogue Players reduced by 10%
- Non Rogue: Damage to Rogue players increased by 10%. Dark Zone XP and Currency is not lost on death
- 2 Pieces: +3 Incendiary Grenades
- 3 Pieces
- +30% Flame Turret Damage
- +50% Flame Turret Range
- 4 Pieces; Damage to targets on fire increased by 15%
- 2 Pieces: +100% Health Regeneration Speed
- 3 Pieces: +5% Weapon Damage
- 4 Pieces: If both Primary and Secondary weapons are the same category, then you gain all active weapon talents
- 2 Pieces: +50% Consumable Duration
- 3 Pieces: +50% Support Station Duration
- 4 Pieces: Consumables and Special Ammo apply to the whole group and not consumed on use. Triggers cooldowns to all members and canot be used when on cooldown.
SkillsTo balance the game, skills has also been reworked
The Skill Power will no longer Scale linearly anymore. The game will use diminishing returns on the power. Hard caps had been removed.
All skills have a minimum 5 second cooldown to prevent instant recharge. Skill Haste has been reworked and capped at 60% (Reduced cooldown times by 60%).
All changes found on the offical PTS Patch Notes (Subject to change)
- No longer delayed. Deployed upon activation.
- Defibrillator aimed for healing other allies. Self-Heal is lower.
- Overdose aimed for solo players. Ally-Heal is lower.
- Scaling of Critical Hit Chance and Damage reduced by 50%
- Scrambler Mod adds Threat Reduction bonus
- Health increased by 50% (Except Zapper Mod)
- Damage increased by 20% (Active Sensor/Dragonbreath)
- Damage/Range decreased by 80% and 20% respectively (Zapper Mod)
- If solo, the Support Station can revive you.
- Lifetime (Except Immunizer) decreased to 20 seconds
- Health increaed by 100%
- Cap on Lifetime and Healing Rate removed
- Life Support Revive Time Reduced (now 3 Seconds)
- Ammo Cache Skill Haste reduced (now 15%)
- Cool down increased by 80%
- PVP damage reduced to 44% modifer
- Skill Power damage increased to 125% modifer (PVE)
- Health Cap and Cooldown cap removed
- Counter Measuers reduces threat
- Extension increases threat
- Health Cap and Cooldown cap Removed
- Health (Except Cluster Mod) increased by 100%
- Cooldown (Except Gas Charge) decreased by 29%
- Damage (Base, Airburst, Cluster) increased by 100%
- Cluster mod applys Bleed effect
- Damage, Defense, Health, and Cooldown cap removed
- Threat mechanic added
- Increased threat when deploying and shooting
- Base health increased by 25%
- Cooldown begins when device is destroyed
- Damage Reistance decreased by 65%
- Damage Bonus Removed
- Replaced with Stablity and Accuracy bonus (Base stat - 7.5%)
- Trapper decreases Enemy Stablity and Accuracy by 5%
- Skill Haste (Recharger Mod) reduced to 15%
- Concelment Mod reduceds threat
When recieving a buff from a Signature Skill, you can not recieve the same buff for 30 seconds once the skill has been deactivated
- Can now revive dead teammates
- When solo, the Link will activate when recieving fatal damage
- Range increased by 25%
- Instant heal now heals 50% of player health
- Heal over time increased to 12 seconds for 100% of total health
- Critical Hit Chance removed
- Commanding bonus (Increased duration on kill) removed
- Damage bonus reduced to 30%
- New bonus added
- +50% Rate of Fire
- +50% Reload Speed
- +30% Weapon Stablity
- Range increased by 20%
- Damage resistance reduced to 50%
- Duration reduced to 12 seconds
- Ranged increased by 20%
Public Test Server
The 1.4 Update is currently being tested. To recieve assistance from the players, Massive is holding a Public Test Server for players to test out the new changes and give them feedback.
The PTS is only available to PC users due to consoles requiring an application process for updates.
To access the PTS, you must own a PC copy of Tom Clancy's The Division. The PTS is accesible on Steam and Uplay.
The PTS runs starting from September 25th, 2016.